- Make a difference in people's lives and always be remembered for your contribution
- Benefit yourself, your family and The Virginia United Methodist Foundation with your planned gift
- Help us fulfill our mission for many years and generations to come
What are the benefits of making a bequest?
- You leave a lasting legacy to be remembered
- You lessen the burden of taxes on your family
- You may receive estate tax savings
How can I learn more?
How do I make a bequest?
A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift be made to family, friends or The Virginia United Methodist Foundation as part of your estate plan.
What are my options?
A bequest can be made in several ways:
- You can gift a specific dollar amount or asset
- You can gift a percentage of your estate
- You can gift from the balance or residue of your estate
- You can make a beneficiary designation of certain assets
How do I get started?